[etoys-dev] Updating from server error

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Thu May 6 15:00:48 EDT 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 2:00 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>wrote:

> Did your dev image start out with the etoys 4.0 dev image? Or how did you
> make it?

Yes, it was a 4.0 dev image with a few extra packages loaded and some
preferences changed, nothing special about it.

> > Then I tried using a dev image downloaded from here:
> http://etoys.squeak.org/download/Etoys-Dev-4.1.2369.zip and it throw me an
> error when loading:
>
> I just tried that again.  Worked fine for me, no error at all.

Weird....

>  Hmm, anybody else seeing this problem?
>
> I tried to find the offending keys:
>
>        Flaps registeredFlapsQuads associations
>                collect: [:assoc | assoc key -> (assoc value
>                                reject: [:q | Smalltalk includesKey: q first
> ])]
>
> For me this is empty ...

This is not empty in a 2369 image and it's not empty in 2374 either. The
fifth element value contains three entries:

 an OrderedCollection(#('SelectorBrowserprototypicalToolWindow' 'Method
Finder' 'A tool for discovering methods by providing sample values for
arguments and results') #(#Scamper #newOpenableMorph 'Scamper' 'A web
browser') #(#Celeste #newOpenableMorph 'Celeste' 'Celeste -- an EMail
reader'))

 Those are the ones giving me a problem with the update.

> > P.S.: I just realized you uploaded a newer image to
> http://etoys.squeak.org/download/. So I guess I just simply download that
> one :)
>
> Yes, I was about to report on that :) Besides being updated, this now
> includes a thumbnail to jump to the home project.

Sorry for the spoiler :)

Cheers
Richo