[etoys-dev] About dev image fonts and default directory

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu May 6 20:53:20 EDT 2010

Well, indeed many developers tend to do this. This leads to them never noticing the problems that crop up only when you actually use Etoys as our users do. So IMHO at least the defaults for the dev image should be as close to the user image as possible.

E.g., have you tried changing a preference in the default image? The layout is wrong, and the individual options are impossibly small. But since before now the developer image used different fonts and scaling than the user image, this never got fixed.

I think it would be best to make the out-of-box experience as usable as possible, both for developers and users.

- Bert -