[etoys-dev] Updating from server error

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon May 10 14:14:45 EDT 2010

Yoshiki just had the right idea. It happens when you are not using an English locale :)

On image startup the locale is switched, which re-initializes the flaps. After that, the junk shows up. But my machine is set up for English. I guess I  should switch to German ... it's just that other stuff applications work better in English too :(

Anyhow, now that we can reproduce it, it should not be too hard to fix :)

(and this is yet again showing how important it is for developers to use the user's settings -  previously, the developer image did not use the locale, so this never would have gotten noticed)

- Bert -