[etoys-dev] Re: [squeakland] Etoys developer chat log

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Tue May 11 02:05:56 EDT 2010

Hi Ricardo,

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 2:46 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> <Richo2> Yes, I know. But most of the translation is already there so I figured there must be an easy way to export them to the new format
> <Richo2> so that I could make the new mo files
> <Richo2> anyway, I managed to make po files with the InternalTranslator translations
> <Richo2> and then I convert them to mo files
> <bertf> but they are outdated
> <Richo2> it was just for testing
> <bertf> my plan was to just export the pots and then use some of the gettext apps to split the po's

LanguageEditor can load PO (with translation) to InternalTranslator
with GetTextImporter.
Don't forget to reset "CachedTranslations" and "AllKnownPhrases"
(I 've noticed Bert implemented that method).

So converting legacy etoys.po to other format would be straightforward
if you managed to export from InternalTranslator !

hope this helps,
/Korakurider