[etoys-dev] Need a Text Object I can set text in and have a MouseDown Script work

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Wed May 19 09:31:50 EDT 2010

Thanks to Derek and Subbu.

I used Derek's idea of a locked text within a playfield (attaching a working
project was a BIG help) and thanks to Subbu for the idea, I started there
and found a much simpler way, two one line scripts:

Using Derek's Text within Playfield  I created a script for the Playfield
called Set
One Script Tile: Playfield's number at cursor <- Playfield's element number
Text VersionL
    set
          self setNumberAtCursor: self getIndexInOwner

This takes advantage of the fact that the element number for an item in the
Holder is its ordinal number.

Then I locked the text and you can add as many items as you want to the
holder then the simple Holder script
  tell all contents set

Thanks again for the quick response and helping me resolve the problem.

Much appreciated.

Stephen