[etoys-dev] Etoys release schedule

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon May 31 06:31:41 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

we need to decide on the schedule of the next Etoys release.

I see two valid alternatives:

1) "Summer" release in time for Squeakfest (end of July).
  That would mean we need to feature-freeze very soon, e.g. June 7th (one week from now).

2) Follow the Sugar release schedule ( http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.90/Roadmap ).
  That would give us more time, with feature freeze at the end of July, and the release in September.

"Feature freeze" would mean that by that date, code for a new feature was at least submitted to the inbox. It does not have to be bug-free yet, but it should be complete enough for testing.

Opinions? (we can also discuss in today's IRC chat)