[etoys-dev] composition input change

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 23:30:30 EDT 2010

On Friday 15 Oct 2010 7:20:55 am Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> The case I am worried about (see above) is if the VM uses composition input
> but the image does not use your m17n input interpreter, which would be the
> case for most European languages.
etoys.sh and M17n patch go together so your worry is misplaced. Even if it
were to be true, it would affect only non-en latin-1 locales on Linux platform
only. Multilingual text input depends on compositioninput being present for en
locales too. etoys.sh can be patched to skip composition input for these
locales for now (de, el, es, fr, it, nl, ps, pt, ro, ru, si, sk, sv, tr).

So here is my plan for handling input code:
1. On Linux, Etoys VM will use composed input for all locales except non-en
Latin-1 and UTF32 non-en Latin-1
2. On Mac, it will use MacRoman for all locales.
3. On Win32, it will use UTF32 for all locales.
4.‌ ‌composed input for the rest.

Subbu