[etoys-dev] What license is required of multilingual font in Etoys

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Oct 25 10:12:22 EDT 2010

On 25.10.2010, at 15:58, Xin Wang wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Squeakers in China are trying to update Chinese support of Etoys.

Great! I saw some of your fixes on the tracker, but have had no time to look closely yet.

> Now
> there is no Chinese font included in Etoys, so we are looking for a
> proper one. Etoys is licensed under MIT License with parts under the
> Apache License, so what license is required for fonts included?

The font's license must allow free distribution with Etoys. The font files are not included in the Etoys image, but shipped separately in the Etoys bundle, so the situation is not as strict as for code.

> Is it must also under MIT License or Apache License?

Some old parts of Squeak are under the Apache 2.0 license, but we require MIT for all new code contributions.

Thanks for contributing!