[etoys-dev] 4.1 Release Notes Questions

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Tue Sep 7 00:32:50 EDT 2010

Can someone provide more details on the following items from the release
notes:

   - control-right click to resize objects"
   - can store preferences - how do I do this? Is this simply that the "Save
   Personal Preferences now works and didn't before?

Also found the following items in Tracker not mentioned in Release notes for
which more details (where to find/how to use) would be appreciated):

   - Add getter/setter for SoundPlayer
reverb<http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-606>
   - menu option "definition of
word"<http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-709> -
   where do I find this?
   - Copying text out of lists does not
work<http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-691>
   - Overlaps-any has some
offset<http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-605> -
   Not sure how overlaps any works, is this related to overlapping siblings?
   - Sound Recorder does not have a "save" scripting
tile<http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-673> -
   this had a fix for adding save tiles to the the Sound Recorder, but it is
   NOT in Etoys 4.1 (.cs with fix is in
SQ-643<http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-643>,
   the file in works in 4.0 but not in 4.1 beta)

Also the Release Notes state: "also need proper attributions" For this I am
putting the name(s) of the developers associated with tickets I find in
tracker.

Thanks,
Stephen