[etoys-dev] What is the best way to change what an object "says" with speech balloons?

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 07:40:26 EDT 2010

Hi Steve,

I think you should use something along the lines of "say | Holder : player
at cursor | characters". I think something like that would work fine because
you won't say the actual object but the object's characters (it it's a
text). Please forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't have Etoys at hand to try
it (I just arrived at a hostel at Barcelona and I'm using the hostel's
computer, maybe I should install Etoys here :) ).

As we discussed before, saying the copy of the object is not a good idea
unless the user wants to do it (for which he can use the "copy" tile). But
if you just want to say text you shouldn't use the "say object" tile IMHO.

Cheers
Richo