[etoys-dev] Etoys on portableapps

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 05:14:34 EDT 2010

On Sunday 12 Sep 2010 1:06:59 pm Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> > Has anyone considered packaging Etoys on Windows as a portableapp and
> > registering it at portableapps.com for wider access?
>
> Why don't you just submit Etoys-To-Go?
Etoys to go does not use PAF launcher/installer yet. We have a portable
launcher script for Linux, but none for Wintel at present. I hardly ever use
Wintel but many schools and students use a mix of Linux and Wintel.

Whosoever builds the release exe for Wintel can take a look at PortableApps
and see if its installer and launcher.ini can be used instead of the current
standalone installer. A PAF installer can install Etoys into fixed drives as
easily as on a removable drive. So Etoys-To-Go can be merged into Etoys and
registered in http://portableapps.com/apps

Subbu