[etoys-dev] Etoys on portableapps

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 07:59:40 EDT 2010

On Sunday 12 Sep 2010 3:45:52 pm Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> >> Why don't you just submit Etoys-To-Go?
> >
> > Etoys to go does not use PAF launcher/installer yet. We have a portable
> > launcher script for Linux, but none for Wintel at present.
>
> Huh? You just double-click the exe, no need for a separate launcher. What's
> wrong with that?
It is not about Etoys per se but its integration with other portable apps like
Celestia, Stellarium, Inkscape, OpenOffice etc that would be useful in schools
or community colleges. PA has served more than 100m downloads so far so the
exposure wouldn't hurt ;-)

Also see below for a walkthru

http://simplehelp.net/2008/05/06/how-to-set-up-and-use-portableapps-on-your-
usb-thumb-drive/