[etoys-dev] QuickGuides questions/comments

Ted Kaehler Ted at vpri.org
Mon Sep 13 14:27:43 EDT 2010

Steve,
	You are right.  This is a bug.  When a guide is loaded, the
opening script on its first page is not run.
	Please load the enclosed file to fix this bug.
	Record the sound you want and put it into the sound library.
Get a viewer on the page (not the book) of the first page of your
guide.  Make a script.  In the script, play the sound.  Press and
hold the trigger name (normal) until you get a menu.  (The trigger
button is just to the right of the clock in the script header.)
Choose "opening".
	Save your project.  Drop it into the folder locale/en/Quickguides.
	(Remove all other things you tried in order to get sound upon opening.)

--Ted.

--
Ted Kaehler
Viewpoints Research Institute