[etoys-dev] learning algorithms and programming

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 08:26:31 EST 2011

On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 5:50 PM, karl ramberg <karlramberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Both Scratch and Etoys are open source so it's just to pick what you want.

Not quite so simple. Scratch is open source, but it is not Free
Software. There are some restrictions you need to look into that may
or may not impact your ability to proceed with your project. Etoys has
no such restrictions. FWIW, there is an effort to change the Scratch
license to a Free license, but AFAIK, the change has not yet taken
place.

-walter

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs