[etoys-dev] duplicates and siblings

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Fri Feb 25 10:10:51 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 1:31 AM, David Corking <lists at dcorking.com> wrote:

> I can't figure out the pedagogical purpose for the "copy" tile.
>
> Can you point me to a project that demonstrates the "copy" tile? (or
> documentation on how a student could use it in a real program)

Circle Explorer <http://www.squeakland.org/showcase/project.jsp?id=10212>-
Which lets kids play with inscribing and circumscribing a circle with
triangles to get a better understanding of Pi.

Polygon Maker <http://www.squeakland.org/showcase/project.jsp?id=10215> -
The "Hand me Polygon" button uses make a sibling instance, could have used
copy but I wanted the new Polygon handed to the user so they could place it
where they wanted.

M&M Artifact <http://www.squeakland.org/showcase/project.jsp?id=10524>s -
This has a bunch of different samples for kids to explore multiplication,
fractions and a number is all the ways you can name it.

Stephen