[etoys-dev] Stencils in Etoys

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 09:28:41 EDT 2011

On Tuesday 26 Jul 2011 9:37:35 AM Steve Thomas wrote:
> Would it be possible to have a tile that instead of "Handing me a sketch,"
> allows me to set a player or graphic variable to the sketch? Perhaps,
> "Graphic under"

You could also look at creating buttons with the following statements:

 stencil := EllipseMorph fromHand: ActiveHand.
  Creates an EllipseMorph interactively (pick center and extent). Ditto for
RectangleMorph.

EllipseMorph newFrom: ActiveHand.
RectangleMorph newFrom: ActiveHand.
PolygonMorph newFrom: ActiveHand.
  button friendly versions for creating shapes directly in the world.

SketchMorph fromPolygon.
SketchMorph fromLasso.
World grabFloodFromScreen: nil.
  Button friendly versions of 'grab with rubber band', 'grab with lasso' and
'grab flood area'.

    shadow := SketchMorph withForm: someMorph silhouetteForm.
    sketchBelow := SketchMorph withStencil: someMorph.

Regards .. Subbu