[etoys-dev] Test new release Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1.alpha1.zip

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon May 23 16:01:31 EDT 2011

On 23.05.2011, at 20:01, karl ramberg wrote:

> Lots of bug fixes etc in this
> Probably some awful misses by me ;-)
>
> http://etoys.squeak.org/download/attic/Etoys-To-Go-4.1.1.alpha1.zip

Yay! Thank you! On to nit-picking ...

That should be 4.1.2-alpha1, and it does not belong in the attic, which is where old versions are kept ;)

I have not written up how to build a release image yet, will do so as time allows. E.g., when saving the image, you need to be in the top-level "unnamed" project, not the home screen. You would start with a clean image ("about" would not show a repo version). The NEWS file needs to be updated, as well as the copyright NOTICE. The new home project needs to be loaded (we got a Chinese translation). The ReleaseBuilderSqueakland is supposed to do all that, but it might not be quite up-to-date (I did 4.1.1 by hand IIRC). The release builder also writes out the new POT files so translators can work on the translations.

And the zip should only contain the .app folder, nothing else. And the version number in the Info.plist file needs to be updated. Etc. I really need to write it up :)