[etoys-dev] Problem with Event Theatre makes re creating Demon Castle Parts 2 and 3 more challenging

Derek O'Connell doc at doconnel.f9.co.uk
Tue Nov 1 13:32:15 EDT 2011

On 01/11/11 15:34, Steve Thomas wrote:
> Okay,  clarification to the problem.
> Problem only occurs when you click on the eye dropper to try and pick a
> color then click in the painting pallette.
>
> If you hover over the painting pallete and pick a color it works. So this
> is a work around for showing parts of drawing (sans color picker).

I suspect this has something to do with the fact that the event player
emulates the cursor while the colour-picker uses the real cursor, hence
it comes to standstill awaiting real user input. Tricky interactions
going on.

Also, have you noticed you have to close the painter before ending the
recording otherwise the painter gets thrown out to the desktop.
Thereafter, until you close the painter (which in my case was hidden
behind the event-theatre) playback fails to open it. There can only be
one painter open at any time.

-D