[etoys-dev] Event Theatre issue

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Nov 2 10:41:35 EDT 2011

On 02.11.2011, at 14:15, Derek O'Connell (JIRA) wrote:

>   [ http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-998 ]
>
> Derek O'Connell commented on SQ-998:
> ------------------------------------
>
> Karl, color picker? Do you mean the button, PaintBoxColorPicker, or PaintBoxMorph>>eyedropper:action:cursor:evt: ? I have still to digest SketchEditorMorph>>mouseMove: but it mentions "eventRecorders", although I admit to finding the code a little tortuous so maybe there is a simpler solution.

Please don't use the bug tracker for discussions (*). That's what the mailing list is for :)

Basically, any direct reference to Sensor circumvents the Morphic event processing. It is from the old MVC days. The only legal usage is in HandMorph, which needs to read events from Sensor.

So there are a couple of offenders:

	SystemNavigation default browseAllSelect: [:m |
		(m hasLiteralThorough: #Sensor)
		and: [m methodClass inheritsFrom: Morph] ]

PaintBoxMorph>>eyedropper:action:cursor:evt: is one of them, as is PasteUpMorph>>chooseClickTarget (which is used to select players).

- Bert -

(*) http://producingoss.com/en/bug-tracker.html