[etoys-dev] [squeakland] Step by Step debugging and Etoys

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 16:25:28 EST 2011

Hi,

I attached a new version of the step button. This one uses Karl's bug
picture, it resets the etoys debugger, and it keeps the visual feedback.

A few remarks, though:
* I modified PhraseTileMorph>>#try to use the top editor's player when
possible. I don't think it could be dangerous, but I'm not sure so I
thought you should know...
* I had to make a HighlightMorph class to make the rectangle follow the
highlighted tile. While writing this I realized a lot of Etoys mechanisms
could be made much simpler if we make all morphs trigger events whenever
one of its properties change. This way we could avoid a lot of stepping
morphs (for instance, all the Updating___Morphs). What do you think?

Cheers,
Richo

P.S. I borrowed the "salmon sniff" project for the example... I'm not
feeling very creative today :)