[etoys-dev] [etoys-notify] [JIRA] Created: (SQ-1141) Sector does not always display straight lines when heading is not 0.

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Mon Dec 10 02:06:32 EST 2012

My problem was it was more than 1 pixel from straight.  See image below:

[image: Inline image 2]

So I guess I don't understand why the X value for pts A and B can't be
equal (same for the Y value of A and C).

Below is a 180 degree angle that is a pixel off.
[image: Inline image 3]

WARNING - I am about to make a comment on code I do NOT fully understand
(let alone the vagueries of sin/cos or floating point arithmetic is Squeak,
but that never stopped me before :D)

Perhaps if we started with 3 vertices instead of two and calculated only
the points on the Circle.

Cheers,
Stephen