[etoys-dev] Etoys Reference Manual Vol. II

Edward Mokurai Cherlin mokurai at sugarlabs.org
Wed Dec 12 11:45:30 EST 2012

I have been thinking about Rita's suggestion to split the Etoys
Reference Manual material into two volumes. This is how I see the
split. Comments, please.

Etoys Reference Manual
outline

Vol. I

Etoys Programming

Introduction
Getting Started
User Interface
Basic Objects
More Objects
Common Tiles (everything common to Morphs)
Less Common Tiles (every other category)
Etoys Scripting
  Tile types and components (move from Common Tiles)
  Variable data types
  Custom events
  Script editor
  Running and stepping scripts
  Ticking
  Gold Box
  Menu
  Event-based programming
  Parallel programming (include Copies and Siblings)
Glossary
Further Reading
  Etoys by Example
  Kedama manual
  Waveplace tutorials
  etc.
Credits

Vol. II

Etoys Internals

Introduction
  This is not a manual of Squeak or Smalltalk
  From Etoys into Squeak: How and Why
Squeak and Smalltalk: the irreducible minimum
  Object structure
    Objects
    Classes and Metaclasses
    Methods and Selectors
    Variable types
  Smalltalk syntax
Accessing Squeak from Etoys
  Translating scripts to text
  Squeak objects on Etoys menus
Etoys/Squeak Development Environment
  Players and Costumes
  Introspection and Development Tools
  Accessing Etoys Objects in Squeak
Implementation of Etoys
  Squeak definitions of Morphs and other Etoys objects
  The Object Catalog
  Viewer Category Definitions
  Squeak definitions of Etoys Scripting Tiles
Etoys Preferences
Etoys Friendly Off
Known Errors
Mime Types
Glossary
Further Reading
  Squeak by Example
  Gnu Smalltalk Manual
  etc.
Credits

--
Edward Mokurai (默雷/निशब्दगर्ज/نشبدگرج) Cherlin