[etoys-dev] [etoys-notify] [JIRA] Created: (SQ-1144) When exiting Etoys, you should be asked if you want to save your work

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Mon Dec 24 09:42:10 EST 2012

Kathleen wrote :
>> I agree with Bert, "explicit saving is the better trade off".

This is a great feature request, though Bert's and Kathleen's
conclusion seems right to me.

We should bear in mind that unless we implement Steve's request, Etoys
defies the Sugar UI guidelines (IMHO.)

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Human_Interface_Guidelines/The_Laptop_Experience/The_Journal

Eventually, it would be nice for learners if Sugar and Etoys 'keep'
behaviours were harmonized. One possibility might be to treat each
project as a separate Activity, though I won't post that as a feature
request, as I haven't thought it through, and I suspect it invites
large challenges both for engineering and for usability.

David