[etoys-dev] Sound volume control in navigator bar

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 15:45:09 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 5:30 PM, Ricardo Moran <richi.moran at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 5:27 PM, karl ramberg <karlramberg at gmail.com>wrote:
> (...)
>

>> By the way, sound on Linux is not easy to test :-(
>> Anyone with a Linux with working sound out there ?
>> I have a XO but it is not working. Battery has failed and charger is
>> broken ...
>>

> My brother's computer has Linux, I'll test it there.

In my brother's computer (Ubuntu 10.04) the coyote howls but the volume
does not change, the slider is always at top.
It seems the sound plugin is broken here because doing the following
doesn't work either:

SoundPlayer setVolumeLeft: 0.0 volumeRight: 0.0.
SoundPlayer soundVolume "always returns #(1.0 1.0)"

Cheers,
Richo