[etoys-dev] Sound volume control in navigator bar

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Feb 23 13:06:16 EST 2012

On 23.02.2012, at 15:45, karl ramberg wrote:

> I'll fix the position of the scroll bar, too.
>
> Karl

Getting there, but still not good enough ;)

When you click the sound button three times, you get three sliders. Perhaps it would be better if the behavior was like the old volume slider? It would pop up on mouse down, you could adjust volume while moving, and it would go away on mouse up. Actually the code is still there, maybe you can resurrect it?

For making it look nicer I think the slider should start below the button, like the other flaps. Or cover the button completely, perhaps? Not sure.

Also, the old button's balloon help was 'Change sound volume'. We should keep that, there's no need to add another phrase to translate.

And I think when running in Sugar we should not show the volume control. There is not enough space in the tool bar.