[etoys-dev] Item for Squeaklamd 2013 - Event Theatre ==> YouTube video

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Sun Feb 26 13:45:02 EST 2012

So I had the good fortune of having lunch with Ricardo today.   And one of
the things that I brought up in our discussions was Adreés
Monroy-Hernández's comment in Supporting an Online Community for
Kids<http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/andresmh/2011/11/supporting-an-online-community-for-kids/>
(talking
about the Scratch website, my emphasis added):

"If I were to do this again in 2011, I would strongly suggest to be able to
post to YouTube *very easily*."

So while Ricardo made the excellent point that we tend to oversimplify
things when we first learn programming only to find out about all the
really hard details.  I will ignore his comments and in the spirit of
oversimplification ask:

Is it possible to turn an Event Theatre "playback" into a YouTube video?

I know Bert did something cool for the squeakland website where he created
an animated gif, from within Etoys, perhaps something similar but
publishable to YouTube (et al) to help with that whole Social Networking
trend, that seems so popular with the kids. ;)

Yours in not so humble service,
Stephen