[etoys-dev] sixteen items for Squeakland 2012 - item 9: ScratchConnect

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 16:35:22 EST 2012

> 9. Add Koji Yokokawa's ScratchConnect (game controls and game displays)
> This will allow kids to create “game controllers” using Etoys Projects on
> one set of computers to control a “game display” (another Etoys or Scratch
> Project) on another computer.

Hi, I've been looking at ScratchConnect (
http://www.squeaksource.com/ScratchConnect.html) and I think it would be
cool if we can include it in the release. I think the code seems fine.
Although it doesn't follow the Etoys pattern of adding methods directly to
Player, I don't think this minor difference is important enough to fork it.

The other problem is the license, I haven't found any info about it yet.
Should we ask the author about it?

Cheers,
Richo