[etoys-dev] (sans objet)

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Tue Jan 10 13:41:11 EST 2012

At Tue, 10 Jan 2012 15:37:20 +0530,
K. K. Subramaniam wrote:

> On Monday 09 Jan 2012 11:14:42 PM p.a.dreyfuss at excite.com wrote:
> > The attached change set let you get the fist brush in the paint tool with a
> > width of 1 pixel.
> >
> > This occurs if you uncheck the preference eToyFriendly.
> The patch seems to be for Etoys 3.
>
> Proposed fixes should be for the current 4.x branch. In Etoys 4, brush sizes
> are hard-coded in PaintBoxMorph>>initializeBrush. Instead, they should be
> computed based on screen DPI so they will work for both XO and desktops. I
> will file a tracker issue to collect the fixes.

I think it is a good idea to enable 1-pixel wide pen, but I'd just
like to point out that the problem of 1-pixel wide pen on XO was not
(only) the DPI, but the color scheme of the display.  The color of a
line drawn by 1-pixel wide pen appears to change in a very interesting
way.  So, solely depending on the DPI would not do it.

-- Yoshiki