[etoys-dev] How can I show a number with thousands seperators

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Wed Jul 25 23:57:52 EDT 2012

So in talking to a friend of mine from
India<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India>,
they have a numeral system using *lakhs <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakh>*
 (*lacs*) (1,00,000 equal to 100 000) and
*crores<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crore>
* (1,00,00,000 equal to 10 000 000).  Then of course when you get to big
numbers they express things in crores. So you can see 1,00,000 crores (or
1,00,000,00,00,000).

Bottom line.  I don't think the need for this change is that great and too
many issues.  I'll dip into smalltalk when needed.

Thanks,
Stephen