[etoys-dev] : Etoys 5.0 question

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Jun 4 07:00:37 EDT 2012

On 03.06.2012, at 02:20, Narayan, Sridhar wrote:

> When I open the viewer on the LabPro morph, it has the additional category named "labpro" that we added. However, there is nothing visible under this category. [...] I have checked the additionsToViewerCategories method in the LabPro class, and all the code for adding channel1, channel2 etc, which correspond to the various analog channels on the LabPro, to the labpro category is there.

Make sure that your morph's player actually understands the methods you specified. E.g., if you have this slot definition:

MyMorph>>additionsToViewerCategories
	^ #(
		(foo
			(
				(slot foo 'Foo help' Number readWrite Number getFoo Number setFoo:)
			)
		)
	)

then your morph's player must understand "getFoo" and "setFoo:". Otherwise the messages would fail, and so they are hidden.