[etoys-dev] [etoys-notify] [JIRA] Commented: (SQ-1094) Dropping a GIF into Etoys gives DNU

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Jun 13 03:38:01 EDT 2012

On 2012-06-13, at 04:53, Stephen Thomas (JIRA) wrote:

>    [ http://tracker.squeakland.org/browse/SQ-1094 ]
>
> Thanks Scott!!! I had one of my students run into this problem in Etoys 5.0 last week and thought it was a Windows thing.

Almost any error that pops up a pink window in Etoys is worth reporting. Best with an attached SqueakDebug.log file (or on Sugar, .sugar/default/logs/org.vpri.EtoysActivity-*.log ).

In most cases it's okay to just dismiss it and continue (wish that was true for other software).

Which reminds me, we should do something about the "store log" button in the PreDebugWindow. SqueakDebug.log is written to disk anyway. Maybe it could store the log with a unique name (e.g. SqueakDebug-120613-0935.log). Or do something else sensible, like post a bug report to the tracker?