[etoys-dev] [squeak-dev] Etoys 5.0 beta

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Tue Mar 6 22:36:46 EST 2012

On Mar 6, 2012, at 7:06 AM, karl ramberg wrote:

> Hi
> It with great joy I announce the Etoys 5.0 beta release.

Karl,

Yay!!

It seems that "Vocabulary initialize" never got executed in this beta image, with the result that the AttachmentEdge type does not exist, so the positioning of attached watchers isn't available.  (It wasn't issued automatically in the package-loading process because the #initialize method itself had not been modified; in the fileout on the tracker, the call was issued in the change-set's Postscript.)

Hopefully this can be rectified in an update soon :)

Until then, I suggest users of the beta image execute "Vocabulary initialize" in a workspace, then re-save their image.

Thank you, Karl!

  -- Scott