[etoys-dev] Category not showing up in viewer

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Fri Mar 9 22:42:06 EST 2012

On Mar 9, 2012, at 5:10 PM, karl ramberg wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 12:48 AM, Scott Wallace <scott.wallace at squeakland.org> wrote:
> > Hi
> > I have made the category in morph but it does not show up correctly.
> > The viewer category is showing but not the tiles.
> > I don't understand why I dont see the tiles...
> >
> > Karl
> >

> > additionsToViewerCategoryColorFilters
> >       "Answer viewer additions for the 'color filter' category"
> >
> >       ^#(colorFilters
> >               (
> >                       (slot hue       'Hue value of my color from -180 to 180' Number  readWrite Player getHue Player setHue:)
> >                       (slot saturation        'Saturation value of my color from 0 to 100' Number      readWrite Player getSaturation Player setSaturation:)
> >                       (slot brightness        'Brightness value of my color from 0 to 100' Number readWrite Player getBrightness Player setBrightness:)
>
> Seemingly has to do with camel-casing.
>
> This works:
>
> additionsToViewerCategoryColorFilters
>        "Answer viewer additions for the 'color filter' category"
>
>        ^#(#'color filters'
>                (
>                        (slot hue       'Hue value of my color from -180 to 180' Number  readWrite Player getHue Player setHue:)
>                        (slot saturation        'Saturation value of my color from 0 to 100' Number      readWrite Player getSaturation Player setSaturation:)
>                        (slot brightness        'Brightness value of my color from 0 to 100' Number readWrite Player getBrightness Player setBrightness:)
>                )
>        )
>

> Aha, that works for most morphs, but it still don't show up for SketchMorph.
>
> Karl

Right -- since SketchMorphs have no single "color", many of the color-related variables are meaningless for them, and hence are excluded from their viewers.  The three variables in your example are among those excluded; if you look in a Sketch's "fill & border" category you'll notice that they're absent there as well.

  -- Scott