[etoys-dev] graphing and watching enhancements

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Sat Mar 10 13:13:16 EST 2012

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 6:01 AM, Scott Wallace
<scott.wallace at squeakland.org>wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2012, at 1:56 PM, Steve Thomas wrote:
> >       • When I turn "use gridding" from the playfield options, I need to
> reset the the "grid spacing" to match that set via the GraphPaperPanel.
>
> Right, these are independent.  And advisedly so, I think -- I think that
> people will reasonably want the long-standing "use gridding" feature to
> grid to something finer than the graph paper grid.

Agreed they should be independent.  But I think their will also be cases
where people will want to set the grid spacing values to the grid size.  To
do that now, requires a number of steps (7).  It would be nice to have a
checkbox or button to set the grid spacing to <grid size>@<grid size> and
turn on <use gridding>
With this, they can still change the grid to something finer.