[etoys-dev] Category not showing up in viewer

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Sun Mar 11 17:35:11 EDT 2012

Ah, I can see that *setting* the hue, saturation, or brightness of a bitmap is well-defined and can be useful for color effects.

But what would be the definitions of the *getters* for these three quantities?  How could one expect to *get* meaningful values for hue, saturation, and brightness from a bitmap, which can have a different value for each of these quantities at each pixel?

So… a suggestion:  for bitmaps, how about offering filtering *commands* rather than trying to use variables?  For example "applySaturation: foo"?  This avoids the issue of ill-defined getters...

  -- Scott