[etoys-dev] x-y plane issue

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Tue Mar 13 23:38:32 EDT 2012

Scott,

I would think ideally when setting the grid size on a x-y plane, the major
gridlines would line up with the x-y axis by default.  But it seems when
drawing the graph paper you start from the top left to draw your grid
lines.  In doing so the grid lines do not align with the x-y axis (see
picture below):
[image: Inline image 1]

While starting at the top left to draw grid lines makes sense for graph
paper, perhaps for x-y plane, it would be better to align with the default
position of the x-y axis.

This becomes more of a problem when placing objects in the x-y plane as
evidenced by the picture below, where I place a transparent circle at 8,4,
but as the magnifier shows it does not align at the intersection of the
grid.  This is because the grid is not aligned with the number lines.
[image: Inline image 2]

Stephen