[etoys-dev] demon castle 3?

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Wed Mar 21 21:27:35 EDT 2012

Demon Castle 3, has a page where it asks: "This scriptor includes two sets
of tiles. Guess what the key will do before you click the clock button."
 and it includes a forward and turn tiles. Page shown below:
[image: Inline image 2]

One idea would be to ask folks to use Richo's new step debugger a few times
first, then guess what it does.  This would get them introduced to the new
tool and perhaps at least get them started on thinking through scripts one
tile at a time.  What folks think?

Also the page that explains the different parts of a scriptor (shown below)
we should add Richo's single step debugger icon and fix the arrows.

[image: Inline image 1]

In the following page when you get the script wrong (use turn by 5) and the
key hits the skull, it "laughs at you" at least that was my impression (but
I'm overly sensitive to criticism, which will being able to look for and
accept honest  well meaning criticism is a good thing, there may be other
small children who could get turned off by the laughter).  Perhaps another
less "judgmental" sound, "splash" or "warble"?

There are also some pages where the text is covered by the scriptor, this
would need to be fixed.  My guess is the scaling somehow changed between
when this was created and how it is now rendered.

Last question is for Kathleen (well really for Takashi as he created these
and they are in beautifully done)
The background around the book is "gray" and the last two pages are
different colors. Should we change the World's color?

Thanks,
Stephen

FYI: The original Demon Castle files are
here<http://metatoys.org/pub/demonCastle/>
and pictures of each page are here <http://metatoys.org/demonCastle/>