[etoys-dev] [squeakland] Number lines rotation center at zero point

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Mar 22 10:01:23 EDT 2012

On 22.03.2012, at 14:27, Ricardo Moran wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As requested by Steve I made a small change in the number lines to put the rotation center at zero point (unless the user has defined a specific point, in which case the user's choice will be honored).
>
> I don't know if this qualifies for inclusion now that we are in "feature freeze" mode, but unlike the "transform" tiles I propose the other day, this one is a very small change (and it looks pretty clean to me). So, I'm sending it as a change set and if you feel it's safe to include it please do.

We're not in "feature freeze" anymore but in "code freeze". We should only touch the code to fix critical bugs now. The risk of introducing new problems a few days before release is just too high.

In case this can't wait until the next "feature release" (5.1), we could do a 5.0.1 "bug fix" release in a couple of weeks from now, as we did with 4.1.1.

Since we try to follow the Sugar release cycle, which in turn follows the 6-month GNOME release schedule, 5.1 might only be half a year away. Given the current level of enthusiasm this sounds entirely possible to me :)

To not be forgotten this should still be attached to a tracker ticket.