[etoys-dev] [SVN][1513] Mac: installer for 5.0 RC3

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Mar 30 14:51:07 EDT 2012

On 30.03.2012, at 09:28, Scott Wallace wrote:

>> I built a Mac installer for RC3, in addition to the To-Go bundle.
>>
>> It has the still rather drafty Release Notes in it:
>>
>> 	http://tinyurl.com/Etoys5Draft
>>
>> However, the images are too large for the small installer window, maybe we should keep them only for the web site. And there's still a lot of red text. Would be nice if someone could finish the release notes. (and after that maybe even make a stripped version for the installer)
>
> I've now made the following changes to the release-notes draft for the final build:
>
> (1)  Reordered the sections describing new features so that they occur in the same order as the list of one-liners at the beginning of the document.
>
> (2)  Removed all the "red text".
>
> (3)  Scaled down the larger graphics.
>
> The middle section, with its detailed description of new features, is clearly not appropriate for showing in the narrow Mac install window, even with reduced-sized graphics.
>
> So for the install window I've produced a somewhat edited version of the release notes in which all the graphics and feature elaborations are omitted -- this again a Google doc, this one named "Text_for_Installer_5", and with the same collaborators as the release notes.  I also attach a pdf of the current version of that document below.
>
>  -- Scott

Thank you so much!

I built a final Mac installer and To-Go, uploaded to squeakland but still in the home directory, not yet in the installers directory (that is, not yet on the download page). We still need a new Windows installer.

For testing I made an updated download page with a bit more text:

	http://squeakland.org/download/index5.jsp

... which someone would need to rename to index.jsp to replace the current download page. It would need a blurp on 5.0, link to the new release notes etc. (comparing to the 4.1 release notes we're missing contributors acknowledgements)

I'm gone now, but might have email access to read Karl's announcement ;)