[etoys-dev] How can I access the individual pixels in an image

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri May 25 15:47:10 EDT 2012

On 25.05.2012, at 21:31, Steve Thomas wrote:

> So that explains why the red, green, blue values go 0 to 100 instead of 0 to 255.

Partly. The interface is chosen to be independent of the internal representation. E.g. there are 5 or 8 bits per component in Forms, and 10 bits per component in a single Color. But externally, Squeak uses floating point values between 0 and 1 for all. For the Etoys interface, these are scaled by 100 to have an easier-to-use range.

- Bert -