[etoys-dev] broken project: cannot open Viewer on object

Markus Schlager m.slg at gmx.de
Sat Nov 24 15:24:01 EST 2012

Hi all,

Maybe someone could look into this.

Obviously, my students (10th grade) are great in breaking etoys. This
project has a big painted object named 'kreiso'. Whenever you try to open
a viewer for this 'kreiso' you get an error that Player222 does not
understand #getSchimmeln. 'schimmeln' is probably a user-defined variable
of this object. The viewer does not open (same error about #getSchimmeln).

On the other hand there _is_ an open viewer for an object named 'kreiso'
which apparently looks the same as the big kreiso. But when you choose
'reveal this object' from the viewers menu, it turns out, that this viewer
is a viewer of the tab of a viewer of the big kreiso.

I'm not sure, what is really messed up with this project. The students
were not able to tell me what they had done exactly. As far as I can see,
obviously they started scripting an object 'kreiso' (the big one). But
then they opened a viewer on the viewers tab-picture by mistake an
scripted this one (it always has the same name as the real kreiso). Maybe
they deleted at some point a variable 'schimmeln' they had created.

I tried 'World attemptCleanup' several times on this project. The first
run resulted in 6 repairs made, the second one in 1 repair and from then
on every time I get 2 repairs made.

When I turn off etoyFriendly and open a browser on this Player222 I find a
method 'skript1:' the browser cannot display. It raises an error:
otherCollection must be the same size.

Markus