[etoys-dev] broken project: cannot open Viewer on object

Ricardo Moran richi.moran at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 10:47:03 EST 2012

Hi, I've found a way of triggering a similar (maybe the same) error. The
steps to reproduce are:

1. Create a new variable named "foo".
2. Create a new script named "foo" that assigns something to the variable.
3. Add a parameter to the script.
4. Create another script named "foo" (it will be automatically renamed to
"foo1"). Make this script call the previous "foo" script.
5. Rename variable to "foo1".
6. Boom! :)

Now this is very strange, I don't know why, but after I
recompiled ModifyVariableDialogMorph>>#doAccept (without making any changes
to the code), the error just went away.

Cheers,
Richo