[etoys-dev] More Objects in Reference Manual

Edward Mokurai Cherlin mokurai at sugarlabs.org
Sun Oct 7 11:19:45 EDT 2012

I have completed another pass over the Objects chapter in the Etoys
Reference Manual,

http://booki.flossmanuals.net/etoys-reference-manual/_edit/

dissecting objects into components, documenting the components,
identifying the Squeak sources for Etoys objects, adding v5 objects,
explaining bugs and design deficiencies, noting further information
needed, and finding more topics to explain elsewhere. Review and
comments welcome. I expect to make another pass again after I work on
other aspects of Etoys and Squeak for a while.

There was some confusion about my intention in creating a new chapter
for the book on Etoys Programming. I hope that my renaming the chapter
to Etoys Programming Tools will clarify that issue. As I said before,
and in the little bit I have written in the chapter, it is in no way
meant to teach how to program in Etoys, only to document how Etoys
supports software development. Other chapters describe elements of
this system (UI, scripting tiles, objects) piecemeal. This chapter
will give an integrated view of the Etoys IDE, including how it gives
access to Squeak, but will not attempt to explain Squeak programming.

--
Edward Mokurai (默雷/निशब्दगर्ज/نشبدگرج) Cherlin