[etoys-dev] lost paint palettes

Harness, Kathleen kharness at illinois.edu
Sun Oct 14 08:42:16 EDT 2012

Subbu,
I am using Etoys 5 here at home and the students were using the latest version of Etoys-to-Go.
In either case, slide the paint palette out of sight, (I see the resistance you describe as sticking to an edge) but then click on the world and the paint palette's halo vanishes, the palette is out of sight and the paint area is still there.

Using the Shift-drag rectangle discards that lonesome paint area but clicking for a new paint tool from the Navigator Bar brings the message "you can only paint one object at a time".

This is not an urgent problem just something I noticed and wondered if it could be prevented in the next release. As it stands now when this happens, students get to practice patience and resiliency.
Regards,
Kathleen