[etoys-dev] lost paint palettes

Harness, Kathleen kharness at illinois.edu
Sun Oct 14 15:02:51 EDT 2012

Hi Subbu, .
This below is using Etoys 5.0 on my PC.
Drag the paint palette out of view of the right side of the world with left click and drag and it does show along the edge.
Drag the paint palette using the black halo handle and it moves out of sight leaving just a little of the set of halo handles showing. Click on the world and those handles vanish leaving just the paint area rectangle and no way to get to that paint palette.

After doing the above steps and shift drag around the remaining paint area rectangle, the X will delete the area. Then try to open a new paint tool from the Nav Bar and I get a paint area rectangle and brush still showing and  the message about only one paint tool at a time. Other objects in Supplies, eg Text are still available for use as usual, it is just paint tool's palette that is gone.

I am not explaining this well. We may need to Google + screen share so I can show this happening. It breaks every time for me.

Thank you for attributing to me deeper knowledge than I have . . . I do not know how to use this information even when I follow the steps "use "debug..." to "explore the world". The onion skin shows up under "root->submorphs->SketchEditorMorph" and its associated PaintBoxMorph is
held in its palette attribute. Sketch editor creates a new paintbox only when necessary."
Regards,
Kathleen