[etoys-dev] lost paint palettes

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 05:38:06 EDT 2012

On Sunday 14 Oct 2012 7:02:51 PM Harness, Kathleen wrote:
> Hi Subbu, .
> This below is using Etoys 5.0 on my PC.
> Drag the paint palette out of view of the right side of the world with left
> click and drag and it does show along the edge. Drag the paint palette
> using the black halo handle and it moves out of sight leaving just a little
> of the set of halo handles showing. Click on the world and those handles
> vanish leaving just the paint area rectangle and no way to get to that
> paint palette.
Thanks to Steve for duplicating the error on Mac. I was trying it on Ubuntu
12.04 and don't have a Mac handy. The behavior appears to be platform-specific.
Steve's suggestion to use "round up strays" is an excellent one, esp. when
combined with "fence enabled" for the world. It prevents objects from
disappearing off the screen.

Please ignore my other suggestions about deleting onion skins and tracing
objects through debug. Those are unnecessarily complicated and off-track. The
juice is not worth the squeeze.

Regards .. Subbu