[etoys-dev] lost paint palettes

Edward Mokurai Cherlin mokurai at sugarlabs.org
Tue Oct 16 11:50:06 EDT 2012

This is not the behavior I observe in Etoys 5.0. First, by paint
palette I assume you mean PaintBox. I can move it with the black Halo
tool or by clicking its frame, but I cannot move it entirely
off-screen. (Oops. I just now tried harder to do it, and crashed
Etoys. Yup, confirmed. Oh, well, another bug to report...Done.
SQ-1128)

Even if I move it to a corner, so that the Halo tools all overlap, I
can still select the black tool by hovering with the mouse and moving
around until I see its balloon help. I can also still click the
visible corner of the PaintBox to pick it up.

Have I missed something?

On Sun, October 14, 2012 8:42 am, Harness, Kathleen wrote:
> Subbu,
> I am using Etoys 5 here at home and the students were using the latest
> version of Etoys-to-Go.
> In either case, slide the paint palette out of sight, (I see the
> resistance you describe as sticking to an edge) but then click on the
> world and the paint palette's halo vanishes, the palette is out of sight
> and the paint area is still there.
>
> Using the Shift-drag rectangle discards that lonesome paint area but
> clicking for a new paint tool from the Navigator Bar brings the message
> "you can only paint one object at a time".
>
> This is not an urgent problem just something I noticed and wondered if it
> could be prevented in the next release. As it stands now when this
> happens, students get to practice patience and resiliency.
> Regards,
> Kathleen

Edward Mokurai (默雷/निशब्दगर्ज/نشبدگرج) Cherlin