[etoys-dev] Tile and Object questions ( was Re: Resubscribed)

Edward Mokurai Cherlin mokurai at sugarlabs.org
Wed Sep 12 13:42:33 EDT 2012

Thanks, Bert. Now back to documenting Etoys. I have started working on
the Common Tiles and Menu Items chapter and the Objects chapter of the
reference manual.

http://booki.flossmanuals.net/etoys-reference-manual/_edit/

Some of the work is straightforward, but there are some objects
plaintively marked

TBD VOLUNTEER NEEDED TO WRITE THIS SECTION

which I take to mean that nobody on the project so far understands the
purpose or workings of those objects. Arrow Editor and Attachment
Adjuster, for starters. I was able to discover some of how Arrow
Editor works to create character morphs in a selection of fonts, but
the rest remains opaque to my explorations.

There are apparently more menus than are documented.