[etoys-dev] touch screen surprise

Harness, Kathleen kharness at illinois.edu
Fri Mar 1 08:51:54 EST 2013

Hi,
Yesterday the ed team talked about what gesture would be needed for making the halo show.

Last in a conference poster session, a beginner held his finger down on a large touch screen monitor, very still and the object showed a shadowy square around his finger tip and then the Halo of Handles appeared, ready to use. The same thing happens on my Asus laptop Windows 8 touch screen.

Now the problem is how to prevent them from showing is a finished project. I didn't see a Preference that would prevent the Halos from showing. And, I don't know if that would be a good idea since one of the things I talk about with students is that they can find out how something is done by opening a halo and then the scripts. Anyway, one problem solved.

If you want, I can screen share in a Google hangout.
Regards,
Kathleen