[etoys-dev] FW: CS4K8 Etoys Workshop

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Tue May 21 18:52:22 EDT 2013

Kathleen,

> There is already very simple App that looks like Scratch called Hopscotch
> for the iPad. So, how are they getting Scratch on Chromebooks and iPads?

Note that Scratch 2.0 (being released right now) uses Flash, so it won't
run on iPads. I would guess that Chromebooks wouldn't have any problems
with it, but am not sure. But there is a version in Javascript, called
Snap!, that works just fine on all these machines.

http://snap.berkeley.edu/

> It is beginning to seem more urgent that Etoys adapt to these new rather
> closed box machines.

Etoys has been adapted, but isn't allowed by Apple to be distributed to
its users.

-- Jecel